Track failed Logins?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 12 20:54:41 CEST 2005

Wiedemann, Luis wrote:
> Has anyone found a way to track or alert on a certain number of failed
> logins to a windows FTP server?

What server are you talking about? There are about a hundred or so to
choose from.

> I'm  not even sure it's possible with Nagios.

It's possible. If the numbers aren't easily accessible through some
other means you could write a multiplexing port-forwarding daemon that
speaks FTP and have it count the number of unsuccessful logins to be
reported whenever some special user logs on or some such. It's just a
question of how much time and/or money you want to spend on it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se