getting error while starting the nagios service on FC3

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Oct 10 17:58:28 CEST 2005

'/etc/nagios/hostgroups.cfg'
> on line 4.
>
> ***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
> files...
>
>      Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain
valid
>      directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a
previous
>      version of Nagios, you should be aware that some
> variables/definitions
>      may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to
read
>      the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
>      'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

It looks like you're using nagios 1.x config file directives for 2.x
that are no longer supported where you are using them, specifically the
'contact_groups' directive.

"Make sure to read the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as
well as the 'Whats New' section to find out what has changed."

>From the What's New section of the documentation --

"Contact group changes - The contact_groups directive has been moved
from hostgroup definitions to host definitions. This was done in order
to maintain consistency with the way service contacts are specified.
Make sure to update your config files!"

You'll probably want to review that document for other changes,
especially the macro changes.

--
Marc