how to make a scheduled downtime persistent

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 08:04:42 CEST 2005

there are several options for this objective,
1) setup Time Periods or notification time periods (Read the Nagios Manual
for more info)
2) use one of the downtime scripts that can be found on nagios exchange.
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Downtimes.38.0.html
 I am usign a slighly modified version of one of the scripts that is run
from cron. instead of running the script from cron for each downtime, I run
a wrapper script that contains all my downtime for that day and feeds it
into the script.
 hope this helps
 Tony
amontibello at shatterit.com