voice notification via telephone (vgetty, asterisk, etc.) ?

Christophe SUIRE christophe.suire at adelux.fr
Thu Oct 6 19:23:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have done it for a customer ..
In fact after some test with text to voice utility (problems with
names of servers), we record some "wav" files, like "the server" -
"is down" - "name of a server".
I use a tool to convert wav files to modem voice files : wavtopvf
When i have to send a notification i group the good pvf files to make
a unique file and convert il to rmd
I convert this file to rmd file :
cat /home/nagios/wav/file1.pvf /home/nagios/wav/file2.pvf  2>/dev/
null | pvfspeed -s 7200 | pvfamp -A 3 | pvftormd Rockwell 2 > /tmp/
$PID-temp.rmd

Then with mgetty-voice installed and configured, you can use the
script callme.pl to send the file.
Bye.

--
Christophe Suire
<christophe.suire at adelux.fr>

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#
# $Id: callme.pl,v 1.2 1999/01/15 14:30:44 kas Exp $
#
# This script dials a given number and then re-plays the message.
# Use "vm shell -S /usr/bin/perl callme.pl number message.rmd"
# for calling the "number" and playing the "message.rmd".
#
# Copyright (c) 1998 Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at fi.muni.cz>. All rights
# reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or
# modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
#
use Modem::Vgetty;

my $v = new Modem::Vgetty;

die "Usage: callme.pl number message.rmd" if $#ARGV != 1;
$v->device('DIALUP_LINE');
$v->add_handler('BUSY_TONE', 'finish',
         sub { $v->stop; exit 0; });
$v->enable_events;