Anyone Using QPage?

Dave Augustus davea at support.kcm.org
Mon Oct 3 21:08:19 CEST 2005

I use this one on Centos4(Redhat RHEL4).

#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup for QuickPage
#
# chkconfig: 345 85 15
# enables you to send messages to an alphanumeric pager. The client
# accepts a message from the user and forwards it to a server using
# SNPP. The server uses a modem to transmit the message to the
# recipient's paging service using the TAP protocol (also known as the
IXO protocol).

# processname: qpage
# config: /etc/qpage.cf

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

case "$1" in
        start)
                echo -n "Starting QuickPage daemon"
                /usr/bin/screen -d -m /usr/local/bin/qpage -d -q10
#               /usr/local/bin/qpage -d -q10
                if [ $? = 0 ]
                 then
                        echo_success
                else
                        echo_failure
                fi
                echo
                ;;

        stop)
                echo -n "Stopping QuickPage daemon"
                killproc qpage
                if [ $? = 0 ]
                 then
                        echo_success
                else
                        echo_failure
                fi
                echo
                ;;
        restart)
                $0 stop
                $0 start
                ;;

        *)
                echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/qpage { start | stop |
restart }"
                ;;

esac
exit 0