CHECK NRPE time out after 50 seconds

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Mon Oct 3 17:54:33 CEST 2005

I wrote a small script to pipe the state and output to.  If the output
said "CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 50 seconds", then exit(1).

In the checkcommand is where you set up the pipe.

define checkcommand {

            command_name            check_nrpe_ignore

            command_line               /your/path/to/check_nrpe -H
$HOSTADDRESS -c nrpe_command -a (if you have args) |
/your/path/to/nrpe/ignore/script $SERVICESTATE$

            }

The other option is to turn up your nrpe timeout, but that's not a very
good solution, as it just means it will take longer to timeout.

-Lori