CHECK NRPE time out after 50 seconds

mohamed.azizi at belgacom.be mohamed.azizi at belgacom.be
Mon Oct 3 10:20:19 CEST 2005

Dear colleagues ,

I am using nagios 1.2 on linux  server to check process on both servers
which runs on linux.
When we have lot of load  on the servers , Nagios receives check nrpe
time out after 50 seconds.
After 3 times , this service is put on critical status .Normally , when
a check is on CRITICAL , Nagios launchs  a scripts to restart the system
and we have a lot of restart on each servers due to the timeout of
checknrpe.
How can I avoid this kind of problem.I have increased the timer od NRPE
from 30 seconds to 50 seconds but without succes.
Can we configure nagios to have only warning state for a checknrpe
timeout

Thanks for your support

Mohamed