Custom messages in alerts

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 02:47:27 CET 2005

Hello,

I would like to extend our Nagios installation to replace our alert system
on our AS/400. Currently the AS/400 sends out pages to individual phones
based on events. The body of those pages would have pertinent information to
the event. What I would like to do is have the AS/400 trigger a status in
Nagios, and then the page that Nagios sends have that pertinent information
in the body. That way I can take advantage of the Nagios strengths. How do I
get the meat of the error message into the Nagios Alert and then forwarded
out with the notification types.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious here and someone can give me
some advice.

Thanks,

Brian