3-D status map oddity

Jerry K. Schieffer jerry at schieffer.us
Wed Nov 23 23:59:11 CET 2005

I am seeing strange behaviour in the 3-D status map.  Running Nagios
2.0b4 on FreeBSD 4.11 with defaults in the 3-D status map (circular
layout - Nagios chooses locations).  The alphabetically first and last
host on the "local" subnet (i.e. no intervening hosts between them and
the Nagios server system) seem to be occupying the same space.  They
show as an extra bright cube with the text for both hosts
intermingled.  If it matters, there are 24 hosts in 3 different levels
of distance from the Nagios symbol.  All works fine on the 2-D
circular layout.

Anyone else see this?  Any suggested corrections (other than supplying
my own coordinates)?  I'm not much of a coder or I'd try to find the
problems in the code (sigh!).

Thanks,
Jerry

jerry at schieffer.us