Escalation Question

Mark Ahlstrom mark.ahlstrom at managedmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:48:44 CET 2005

I inherited a nagios system w/ wild-carded escalations for services and
hosts. This has helped us manage a nightmare: 300 hosts, 4000 services
and 16,000 escalations.

I can bring other groups into the mix by making them the primary
contacts of the service. But my group will be brought into the pages
when they don't answer them. Does anyone know of a good way I could
remove my group from the pages all the while maintaining my
administrative sanity?

Here are my service escalations...

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              2
        last_notification               0
        contact_groups                  oncall
        notification_interval           10
        }

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              3
        last_notification               0
        contact_groups                  backup
        notification_interval           10
        }

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              4
        last_notification               0
        contact_groups                  tertiary
        notification_interval           10
        }

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *