Host/service comment with acknowledgements

Wim wdh at belbone.be
Thu Nov 17 14:18:33 CET 2005

Hi,

We're using Nagios 1.x and are quite happy with it.
Now we have a small problem: When we acknowledge an alarm, we enter a trouble ticket number as comment.
When the service or host comes back up, the comment stays on the host/service, which leads to a whole list of comments that are never cleaned up after some time.
Is there a way that I can remove a comment (mostly the last one entered), when the host or service comes back up?

--

Cheers!

Wim De Hul
 Belgacom International Carrier Services