Initial service checks too far into the future

Alex Georgopoulos ageorgop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:11:27 CET 2005

Using the rpm from dag's rpm
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/nagios/nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf.i386.rpmrepository
I've noticed a very undesired behavior when changing or adding
service checks to a host. Whenever the interval changes it will shedule the
next check out for over a year! If I manual have nagios check the service it
starts working like it should and the next check comes at the desired
interval but the minute I change anything I have to manual re-check it to
get the schedule correct again. Here is an example of what I mean

 Current Status: OK
Status Information:OK - HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect - 0.008 second response
time Current
Attempt:1/3 State Type:HARD Last Check Type:ACTIVE Last Check Time:11-15-2005
12:36:13 Status Data Age: 0d 0h 33m 21s Next Scheduled Active Check: 01-01-2006
13:39:45 Latency:< 1 second Check Duration:< 1 second Last State
Change:11-11-2005
16:58:37 Current State Duration: 3d 20h 10m 57s Last Service Notification:
N/A Current Notification Number:0 Is This Service Flapping?N/A Percent State
Change:N/A In Scheduled Downtime? NO
Last Update:11-15-2005 13:09:24
The next scheduled check isn't until Jan!! why is this happeningn

# Service definition
define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
host_name HOSTNAME
service_description Availability - HTTP
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
max_check_attempts 3
normal_check_interval 15
retry_check_interval 1
contact_groups linux-admins
notification_interval 240
notification_period 24x7
notification_options w,u,c,r
check_command check_http
}

All I did was change the normal check interval and reloaded the config.