SNMP

Slighter, Tim TQO tslighter at tqs.com
Fri Nov 11 19:52:32 CET 2005

Hopefully someone out there can provide some advice on how to tackle our
SNMP problem.  Currently, we have about 10 devices sending 100+ SNMP
alerts to our SNMP collector.  The SNMP traps are of many variations and
mibs.  We wish to configure Nagios to passively accept all incoming SNMP
traps but it looks like an external command would have to be written.
After reading through the documentation, it looks like an external
command would have to be written for every possible mib/oid and
considering there are up to one hundred different mibs this would be
very time consuming.  The same applies to creating checks in the snmp
plugins file.  Anyone have ideas on how to allow hosts to receive all
SNMP traps and update this information into Nagios?

Thanks,

Tim