notifications and time periods

Mathias Sundman mathias at nilings.se
Fri Nov 11 18:00:55 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Mariano Cunietti wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have to configure a couple of hosts (routers) to be monitored.
>
> I need them to be up from 9.00AM until 18.00. I want an email sent to
> the sysadmins *exactly* when the system goes down, but an SMS should be
> sent only during that time window.
> In other words, I want the admins to be informed, but not warned (and
> waken up) during the night. When they come to the office, they should
> find an email waiting for them. Otherwise, during working hours, the SMS
> should warn them immediately.
>
> Can I split a notification methods, with different time windows per
> method? How?

Create two diffrent contacts for each person, like mariano_sms and
mariano_email. Then create two contact_groups and add all email contacts
to one group and all sms contacts to the other.

Then you can configure each sms-contact person to only recieve sms during
a given time-period.

Then configure your hosts to notify both these groups.

//Mathias