.pl & .cgi files on apache

Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano msugano at uolinc.com
Fri Nov 11 14:16:31 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 16:14 -0800, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
> when i try to see the result of a simple pl script :
>
> http://127.0.0.1/nagios/cgi-bin/foo.pl
>
> i get this error :
>
> The requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/foo.pl was not found on this server.

Jeez...

Well basically, you don't even understand apache's conf? OK buddy, give
me your hand and uncle Bob here will show you the way.

First, read on apache's documentation, it is all there for you to learn
by yourself. It IS in english although. I'm unable to teach english, as
english is my second language too, but reading all READMEs, INSTALLs,
and `man init` AND `man bash` lead me to a nice level of understanding
the language basics.

Second, once you've understood apache config files, you may be able to
setup Nagios web-interface within it. It isn't that hard. From what you
post say, let me ask you this: "IS THERE A foo.pl
AT /usr/share/nagios/cgi-bin/", or maybe i should tell you to palce the
output from `ls usr/share/nagios/cgi-bin/foo.pl`?? Did you understand??
Just saw that your directory isn't the default from src compile. Then, i
presume you are using someone's rpm, right? Because the correct path for
the cgis in apache, is to make an alias to the nagios/sbin directory,
huh?

Well, if you could NOT understand anything, tell us to find someone who
could DRAW you a picture.

Good luck!
--
Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano <msugano at uolinc.com>