disable service checks when a host goes down

Matt Rae raema at osuosl.org
Fri Nov 11 01:31:33 CET 2005

I'm trying to disable service notifications when a host goes down. Does
this have to do with dependencies or notification optoins? Or something
else?

I asked in #nagios and apparently this should be what nagios does by
default. The suggestion was to check check-host-alive.. but I'm using
the supplied check-host-alive.

When a host goes down due to ping failure i'd really like to get only
one email rather than 10 telling me that every service went down also.
Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction for this. thanks for
any help.

--
Matt Rae
Open Source Lab