Stalking option + notification

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 10 21:17:43 CET 2005

Yes, we use state stalking here.

I have a plugin that returns the last message of interest from the syslog on
a UNIX host.  This is defined with state stalking since otherwise we would
not get multiple alerts for successive criticals involving different
problems.  We also use state stalking for the (passive) SNMP Trap services
for the same reason.  It works well in both cases (we only stalk the
critical and warning states).

Steve

Does anybody use Stakling option with active checks?

I need to be notified when status is critical even if the message for the
same service is different between 2 checks. I mean that the status keep
being critical.