Multiple Services

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 12:47:17 CET 2005

Evans Kwambai wrote:

> Hi
>

> I've just installed nagios and I've been digging around for answers to
> this question:
>

> Can I monitor more than one service on a host e.g. POP3, SMTP without
>  having to define them separately in services.cfg?

Yes, kind of.. There are some tricks you can do with templates to set up
standard services and stuff..

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/templatetricks.html#service

If you don't know what a template is, then you need to read up on them
in the docs at

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html

Templates are good, templates are great.  Set up a few service templates
for say POP3 and SMTP and it will save you lots of time when adding more
hosts.

rob.