timelimited warning alerts

Ross Wentworth rossz at vamos-wentworth.org
Mon Nov 7 18:52:02 CET 2005

What's the best way to handle sending out warnings during specified
hours, but critical alerts all the time?

For example, one test is disk space.  If the warning level is set to 90%
and the critical is 95% disk full, I want the warning sent during
"daylight" hours (perhaps 8am-8pm), but the critical alert should be
sent 24x7.  Basically, I don't want to be woken at 3am for something
that can be ignored until morning.  On the other hand, I want to receive
a warning during the day so I can deal with it and not be woken when the
space becomes critical.

--
Rossz