Plugin output

Fernando Azevedo Fernando.Azevedo at cabovisao.pt
Mon Nov 7 12:57:31 CET 2005

Dear all,

Please help me out with writing my first nagios perl script/plug-in: My
script is working fine when ran stand-alone, but when I integrate it with
nagios it always reports CRITICAL situations. I guess my mistake is in the
way I output the data, but can't find any docs that help me solve the
situation.

The Output I currently export is:

STRING : value : OK
Or
STRING : value : value >= threshold : WARNING | CRITICAL

I exit the script with 'exit $ERRORS{"OK | WARNING | CRITICAL | UNKNOWN"};

One strange thing that happens is that when I see the script output in the
nagios detail service problems it appears like:

STRING : value : value >=NOTHING: CRITICAL

I can send the code and screen captures if required!

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando Azevedo

Esta mensagem de E-mail podera conter informacao restrita ou confidencial.
Caso a receba por engano agradecemos que nos informe e proceda a eliminacao
da mesma, sem copia ou revelacao do seu conteudo ou de ficheiros contidos na
mesma a terceiros.     This message may contain privileged or confidential
information. If you have received it by mistake please let us know and
delete the message without copying or disclosing it to any other person.