Hosted nagios ( was RE: how to notify via sms)

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Fri Nov 4 17:40:40 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:08:10AM -0500, Marlier, Ian wrote:
> I'm wondering whether there's anyone one there that does contract,
> distributed hosting of Nagios.  That is, someone I can pay $x per year
> to monitor some services, and alert network staff in the event of a
> problem.  Does anyone know if this exists, and if so have positive
> experiences to report?
Are you asking for someone to run a Nagios instance for you
and manage the config files, are do you want someplace you can
host a Nagios instance yourself?

If you just want someplace offsite to run a Nagios instance, try
looking at http://www.linode.com. It is a Virtual Private
Server provider, and even the smallest plan is plenty to run a
webserver + Nagios instance. (I am a customer there).  Smallest
plan is $20/month.

-Jason Martin
--
You're not paranoid if everybody is really after you.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.