check_pgsql options?

Dan Joseph djoseph at nabancard.com
Fri Nov 4 17:43:20 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have a service definitely in my services.cfg setup to monitor out
postgres database server.

define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       nabsql01
         service_description             PGSQL
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  router-admins
         notification_interval           240
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            c,r
         check_command                   check_pgsql
         }

It fails authentication to the server, which makes sense to me.  My
question, how can I pass the username/password to it?  from the command
line I can check it just fine.

--

-Dan Joseph
System Administrator