Solaris 10 x86 - SSL Handshake

Todd Barbera todd_barbera at wgbh.org
Thu Nov 3 23:23:46 CET 2005

Okay,

I know this has been covered over and over again, but I seem to have hit a
new twist. I'm using Nagios 2.03b with check_nrpe 2.0 running on a sparc
Solaris 9 server. I installed nrpe 2.0 on a Solaris 10 x86 server with the
1.4.1 plugins. When I hit nrpe with check_nrpe from my Nagios server, I see
the following error:

Error: Could not complete SSL handshake. 1

I've seen the 'could not complete..' error before, but never followed by a
"1". I've read the FAQ's and searched the mail list archives, but I haven't
seen this variation listed. It doesn't matter if I run nrpe as a daemon or
as an inetd service, the error is consistent. I did compile with SSL
support, as I have with all of my nrpe installs. On my x86 server, I'm using
OpenSSL 0.9.7d. Any ideas as to what the "1" implies? Thanks.

Todd Barbera
Systems Administrator
WGBH Educational Foundation
617 300-3443

WGBH Boston informs, inspires, and entertains millions through public
broadcasting, the Web, and educational multimedia, and access services for
people with disabilities.