host logos

Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano msugano at uolinc.com
Thu Nov 3 20:49:21 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 10:37 -0800, Ross Wentworth wrote:
> I've taken over the management of a rather large nagios 1.2 monitoring
> system and can't seem to get it to display logos for the hosts.
> Everything shows the ? logo.

It is explained on defining a host extended info.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#hostextinfo

> I tried creating a hostextinfo.cfg file and referencing it with both
> 'xodtemplate_config_file' and 'xedtemplate_config_file'.  Neither
> worked.  Then I tried using 'hostextinfo[hostname]=' in cgi.cfg, but
> that failed, too.

You need the Operating System's logo, and to define for each host, the
logo for it.

>From that link:
"icon_image:	This variable is used to define the name of a GIF, PNG, or
JPG image that should be associated with this host. This image will be
displayed in the status and extended information CGIs. The image will
look best if it is 40x40 pixels in size. Images for hosts are assumed to
be in the logos/ subdirectory in your HTML images directory
(i.e. /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos).

icon_image_alt:	This variable is used to define an optional string that
is used in the ALT tag of the image specified by the <icon_image>
argument. The ALT tag is used in the status, extended information and
statusmap CGIs."

It's always on the docs: www.nagios.org/docs

HTH,
--