HTML -Emails with Acknowledge -Link?

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Wed Nov 2 21:48:33 CET 2005

You could write a wrapper script that generates nice HTML emails for each type of alert.   Instead of piping to /bin/mail (or whatever mta you're using), you could pipe information to a script, and then that script could email the alert.

I added the url for the service check to all of our emails which takes the user to the "extinfo.cfg" page.

Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$\n\nURL:\nhttp://mynagios.com/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$"

Works like a charm.

-Lori