Nagios Updated a host but old host is still pinged

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 27 22:33:50 CEST 2005

If that's the file that it's defined in, then yes. Did you restart
Nagios? Did it really restart? You may (probably) have multiple nagios
processes running at the same time. Stop nagios, kill any processes that
remain and restart.

> Also Nagios is installed on Red Hat and I would like to migrate it to
> Debian, I have tried to copy the required files but the versions in
Nagios
> are too different to accept the nagios.cfg file, what would be the
best
> way to migrate a Nagios install from Red Hat to Debian?

Nagios.cfg has been pretty consistent for almost all pre 1.0->1.x
versions. I believe the only major additions have been the illegal_*
entries --

illegal_object_name_chars=`~!$%^&*"|'<>?,()
illegal_macro_output_chars=`~$^&"|'<>

What specific problem are you encountering? If you're trying to move
from 1.x to 2.x, you'll probably need to do a line-by-line between the
two versions of nagios.cfg. I don't think that even that much has
changed between 1.x and 2.x to make that a difficult prospect.