escaping $ signs

HP Geeza getbacktome3 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 15:19:17 CEST 2005

Hi

Does anybody know how to escape $ signs in service definitions??? I still
haven't managed to crack this....here's what i am trying to do.

I have a service definition:
# Service definition
define service
{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       winbackupServer
        service_description             SQLAgent BKUPEXEC
        check_command
check_nt_service!"SQLAgent\$BKUPEXEC"
}

Here's my command definition:
# 'check_nt_ntservice' command definition
define command
{
        command_name    check_nt_service
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
SERVICESTATE -l $ARG1$
}

BUT THE STATUS DEFINITION FOR THIS HOST COMES UP WITH:
SQLAgent$BKUPEXEC$: Unknown

The nt service which i am trying to monitor is SQLAgent$BKUPEXEC

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED