Nagios Installed?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed May 25 19:39:41 CEST 2005

ons, 25.05.2005 kl. 15.58 skrev Edward Ford:

> I have the following files in my Nagios directory:
>
> Bigger.cfg
> Cgi.cfg
> Checkcommands.cfg
> Minimal.cfg
> Misccommands.cfg
> Nagios.cfg
> Resource.cfg

> So far I can tell that I am missing hosts.cfg and services.cfg

Definitely

> Looks like these two files are in minimal.cfg but I am not sure how
> they are referenced..

Bugger referencing :)

> Can I create hosts.cfg and services.cfg from scratch and reference
> them (reference them in which file)?

Yes and no.

> When I install Nagios am I supposed to have more files in the nagios
> directory?

I probably have more, but then I've probably been longer at this than
you.

What Nagios version, luser? How did you install it in the first place?

I'm Red Hat RHEL3 and installed Nagios 1.2 from Dag Wieers' srpms. It
was worse than useless. It works a bit, though notwithstanding, it's
still worse than useless.

I then got to install the 2.beta source code version. It works, though
notwithstanding, it works a bit, but it's still worse than useless.

In the docs, it's said that you have to work out everything from the
docs and shut your mouth about *everything* until you're just about to
die. Or they'll coming to take you away, to the happy farm where life is
beautiful all the time and you'll be happy to see the nice young men in
their clean white coats, who're coming to take you away ...

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

Eg er bergenser og, eg, men, Trondheims-ordfører Marvin Wiseth:
«Bergenserne er flinke til å gjøre mye ut av lite» (uttalte seg over 17.
mai feiringen iår, men gjelder sannsynligvis og dette mel mitt).