Semi-Distributed Monitoring - Checks from both main and remote servers

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 20 21:17:40 CEST 2005

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html

Retention Note Section.

"It is important to point out that several directives in host and
service definitions may not be picked up by Nagios when you change them.
Host and service directives that can exhibit this behavior are marked
with an asterisk (*). The reason for this behavior is due to the fact
that Nagios chooses to honor values stored in the state retention file
over values found in the config files, assuming you have state retention
enabled on a program-wide basis."

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

active_checks_enabled *: 	This directive is used to determine
whether or not active checks of this service are enabled. Values: 0 =
disable active service checks, 1 = enable active service checks.

I leave it to you to read about retention and what you need to do to fix
it.

--
Marc