Trend data issue - Nagios 1.2

Emmanuel Halbwachs Emmanuel.Halbwachs at lpn.cnrs.fr
Fri May 20 19:24:26 CEST 2005

Tom Brown a écrit :
> Have a new nagios setup running now and this is the first one without a
> db backend. I have the parameters in cgi.cfg that point to the db
> commented out and this install was built without db support.
>
> Everything works fine except the logging in the GUI - I just get an
> updated log file that seems to get overwritten each hours with something
> along the lines of the following

I run nagios 1.3 without db backend (Debian package nagios-text).
If it can be of any help, here is a stripped down version of
my cgi.cfg :

radar:~# egrep -v '(^#|^ *$)' /etc/nagios/cgi.cfg

main_config_file=/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
physical_html_path=/usr/share/nagios/htdocs
url_html_path=/nagios
show_context_help=0
nagios_check_command=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nagios
/var/log/nagios/status.log 5 'nagios'
use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg
default_statusmap_layout=5
default_statuswrl_layout=4
ping_syntax=/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 $HOSTADDRESS$
refresh_rate=90

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs              Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel      : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                             CNRS UPR 20