Nagios configuration tool and RRD

Paul Orrock paulo at digitalcraftsmen.net
Thu May 19 18:28:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm just getting to grips with nagios 1.3 and I've now got my head around how the different config files relate to each other thanks to the great config diagram by Joe Walker [0].

However I've been doing some research into configuration interfaces and RRD reporting and would like to know what others use ?
On the RRD side, I only really need the conversion to rrd so I was thinking about using the insert.pl part of nagiograph but I wondered whether anyone has a specific tool to turn the service statuses into rrd files ?

On the config side nagmin seems to do way more than I need, and I wanted something a bit slicker and less buggy than nagat.
So I though I would ask those in know what they use,

TIA,

Paul

[0] http://nagios.sourceforge.net/download/contrib/documentation/misc/config_diagrams/nagios-config.sxd
for those who haven't found it yet :-)