Distributed Monitoring problem

Julien DEHEE julien at avedya.com
Thu May 19 15:45:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

I need to check a service from a central server AND a distributed server.
The problem is :
If the distributed server sees the service as "critical", it will send a
passive check to the central server.
At the same time, if the central server sees the same service as "OK",
it will override the passive check and set the service as 'OK'.

Can I tell the central server not to override passive checks from
distributed servers ? It's said in the documentation that checks on the
central server must be disabled, but I need to check the service on both
sides. Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Julien DEHEE.