SLA Reporting with Nagios or a 3rd Party Tool

Andre Bergei andre.bergei at ementor.no
Thu May 19 12:43:23 CEST 2005

> Hi all,
>
> we're using nagios for about 6months now, and we're
> monitoting about 200 hosts and 2500 services.
> Now our management is searching for a tool, to generate some
> nice reports about how the sla's had been complied, some
> process, host and end-to-end availability and a customer view
> for all of that.
> I've looked around in Nagios a little bit, and found out,
> that the most Data we need, is already in it, but we need a
> better tool to generate the reports.
> Has anyone experiences with other tools to generate reports
> out of the Nagios data? Needn't be a freeware tool, we're
> willing to spend money ;)
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Philipp

Hi.

One way about it is to parse the nagios logs, and export the
Data to an database. The hook a custom reporting tool
To the database, for example Crystal Reports.

If you just need SLA compliance and running Nagios 2, maybe this patch will help you:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.devel/1235/match=avail+cgi+timerperiods+patch

I dont think it's commited to cvs, but I might be wrong.

Best
/andrè