Duplicate entries in Hostgroup GUI and objects.cache

Ben Conrad BConrad at passkey.com
Wed May 18 20:24:16 CEST 2005

Hi Folks,

v 2.0b3

I'm having issues with duplicate host entries in my "Hostgroup Overview",
"Hostgroup Summary" and "Hostgroup Grid" GUI screens.  When I look at a
hostgroup that has a dup entrie I see:

hostgroups.cfg:
define  hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name          corp-unix
        alias                   Unix hosts
        members
ServerA.passkey.com,ServerB.passkey.com,ServerC.passkey.com
        }

When I look in the object cache I see duplicate entries.

./var/objects.cache:
define hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name  corp-unix
        alias   Unix hosts
        members
ServerA.passkey.com,ServerB.passkey.com,ServerC.passkey.com,ServerA.passkey.
com,
		ServerB.passkey.com,Serverc.passkey.com
        }

I've tried stopping nagios, checking for stopped nagios process and moving
the objects.cache file but I still get duplicate entries in the hostgroups*
sections.

I just recently added another host and it's not duplicated:

[root at pkmon1 nagios]# grep -i blacksabbath *
hostgroups.cfg: members                 Blacksabbath

>> objects.cache
define hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name  nss-staging
        alias   test group