Nagios/Apache Permissions Error

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Wed May 18 17:45:12 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I'm new to Nagios.

When I run Nagios in verbose mode, that is using the -v option, I get no
errors at all BUT

when I try to run Nagios from a browser, I'm using Mozilla (FreeBSD 5.3
Nagios 2.0, Apache), I get the following error:

"You don't have permission to access /nagios/cgi-bin/ on this server."

The log files show:

"[Wed May 18 18:42:31 2005] [error] [client x.x.x.x] attempt to invoke
directory as script: /usr/local/nagios/sbin"

I think I have configured Nagios correctly and I think this is an Apache
error, can someone please help me out?

Notes:
------

** I have enabled authentication in the cgi.cfg file and added users
using the htpasswd command.

** I've also configured the .htacess file:

AuthName "Nagios User Access Authentication"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
require valid-user

** I've added the following to Apache (httpd.conf)
## Beginning

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
 AllowOverride AuthConfig
 Options ExecCGI
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
 Options None
 AllowOverride AuthConfig
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

## End

** Nagios is runnning as User nagios, Group nagios

What could be the problem?

Vincent.....