email not gouing to the destination.

Bimal Pandit bimal.pandit at indoasian.com
Wed May 18 14:06:32 CEST 2005

Dear Sir,

---------------  SNIP  -------------------

>> I have configured my nagios-2.0b on FC3 and is working good!!, i
>> mean... what i was looking for...
>> except that i also configured it to send email to the contact person,
>> but it is not sending any mails to them!!!, what other config. i need
>> to do pls. guide me.
>>
>> my contacts.cfg is
>>
>> define contact{
>>        contact_name                              bimal
>>        alias                                             Administrator
>>        service_notification_period        24x7
>>        host_notification_period             24x7
>>        service_notification_options       w,u,c,r
>>        host_notification_options            d,u,r
>>        service_notification_commands  notify-by-email
>>        host_notification_commands       host-notify-by-email
>>        email
>> bimal.pandit at indoasian.com
>>        }
>>
>> My nagios server is 10.10.2.31 while my email server is 10.10.2.10
>>
>> any pointer will be of great help.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> hi,
>
> Install sendmail "probably from rpm" on the nagios machine and you are
> done :P

---------------  SNIP  -------------------

i had that, even i tried as

vi /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

and did

define(`SMART_HOST',`10.10.2.10')

then  "m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf" and  then "service sendmail restart"

is there any other reference/config it requires in nagios???

any help will be appreciated.

regards,

Bimal Pandit