FW: Error messge while running WMI Check

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:04:31 CEST 2005

Please make sure to mention NC_Net in the subject when submitting an
issue that is related to usage/problems with NC_Net.

The error "Client - ERROR: Cannot Process use * for root namespace
list." is typically due to a delimiter problem.  This is because the
delimiter has changed for NC_Net's WMI
checks(WMICHECK,WMICOUNTER,WMICAT) since the commands were initially
introduced.

The syntax that you are using is correct for the newest versions of
NC_Net and the modified check_nt.  I checked against the copy of
check_nt.c from the NC_Net page on nagiosexchange.org and NC_Net V2.26
and it worked without the error.  However if the version of NC_Net and
check_nt are mismatched (NC_Net V2.26 introduced the ^ delimiter )
this check will give the error you received.  (a copy of check_nt.c
that was tested against the running version of NC_Net is copied to the
install path of NC_Net in the sub directory of /"other files" Compile
this copy of check_nt.c if upgrading to the newest version of NC_Net
is not an option)

Also Judging on your syntax you may want to use the command WMICOUNTER
instead of WMICHECK. WMICOUNTER supports the usage of -w and -c.
check the help command:   ./check_nt --help=WMICOUNTER

Hope this helps,
TOny