Nagios isn't ready for prime time

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Sun May 15 21:47:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

Jason Martin wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 09:53:12AM -0500, Adam Emery wrote:
>
>>I thought this same thing for a while but if you run make install-config in
>>ver 1.x it will install those files as *.sample.  all a person has to do is
>
> To simplify it, I think the the compile should build a system
> that is completely configured to launch with the included
> 'minimal.cfg'.  That gives any techie enough to start tweaking
> it.

If you can suggest a way how nagios' build system guesses what a useful
configuration for any site needs you really have earned a _huge_ award.

Or, put differently - What you want is not possible. Really not.
And, apart from that, anybody wanting to monitor a network and wanting
to do it right should have the necessary knowledge, otherwise no tool
will be of any help to them.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de