Custom plugin issue

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 13 06:31:24 CEST 2005

Mr. Hopcroft will probably be the definitive source on this but have you
tried _not_ compiling your perl script? It looks like you built nagios
(whatever version) with the embedded perl interpreter which I believe
compiles and caches the perl code anyway. The documentation at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/embeddedperl.html has some
suggestions for creating a compatible Perl program and debugging the
ePN. If you don't have a lot of perl based plugins or checks then it's
probably more worthwhile to recompile nagios without embedded perl. You
can then run the perl scripts as normal plugins and probably compile
them as above too. I believe that ePN still has some memory management
issues requiring a periodic reload but don't take my word on that.

--
Marc