Statusmap.cgi strange behviour - gdImagePng

Phil Tuttiett Phil.Tuttiett at computerland.co.nz
Wed May 11 09:05:32 CEST 2005

Hi,
    I'm having fun :-( with one of my implementations of nagios - 2.0b3
on a SuSE Enterprise Server 9 box.

Having finally getting the statusmap to work - after rftm - and making
sure **all** the required graphics components were installed. I suspect
I'm still missing something. Statusmap.cgi now runs, but displays a
broken image box in the browser. All the popups display OK. Trend.cgi
displays the same behaviour.

In the apaches error log, I get

/usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi: error while loading shared
libraries: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi: undefined symbol:
gdImagePng, referer: http://myhost/nagios/cgi-bin/statusmap.cgi?host=all

I have the gd libraries (gd and gd-devel, libpng and libpng-devel).
Which one am I missing; or where is gdImagePng defined?

I have another implementation on a test box at home, with (I think) the
same libraries & packages installed, which behaves perfectly!

PS. My linux is still at paduin-learner stage, so I'd appreciate any
assistance I can get.

TIA

Phil Tuttiett