Trends.cgi & Histogram.cgi is not working

Paschalis Tsiaras paschalis.tsiaras at vodafone.com
Tue May 10 17:33:18 CEST 2005

Hi list

I install nagios and I can say is a very good and powerfull tool.

So far I am trying to perform initial configuration and works fine.

The instalation is on Solaris OS, with Apache2 and IPlanet web servers.

The problem is with trends and histogram cgis.

The error in  IPlanet server is

%trying to GET /nagios/cgi-bin/statusmap.cgi, cgieng_scan_headers
 reports: the CGI program /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi did
 not produce a valid header (program terminated without a valid
 CGI header. Check for core dump or other abnormal termination)

The result  from Apache is

%Premature end of script headers: histogram.cgi, referer:

I check in google and both are meaning the same.

After checking the core file the result is :

/usr/local/nagios/sbin #gdb histogram.cgi core

GNU gdb 6.0

GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
 and you are

 conditions.

 details.

This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...(no debugging
 symbols found)...

Core was generated by `/usr/local/nagios/sbin/histogram.cgi'.

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.2

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libm.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libposix4.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libposix4.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libucb.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libucb.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libelf.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libelf.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libaio.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libaio.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libmp.so.2

Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-250/lib/libc_psr.so.1...don
e.

Loaded symbols for /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-250/lib/libc_psr.so.1

#0  0xef723ce0 in __do_global_dtors_aux () from /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.
2

(gdb) where

#0  0xef723ce0 in __do_global_dtors_aux () from /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.
2

#1  0xef744b0c in _fini () from /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.2

#2  0xef7ca07c in ?? ()

I try to find an explanation to list or google with very poor results.
 I am not an expert in cgi/web programming!

I already change all permitions to nagios directory to files and
 also the SetEnv parameters as found in previous questions.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks in advance

- Paschalis Tsiaras (ptsiaras)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html