host check commands

Ringer, Torleiv tringer at mpr.org
Mon May 9 20:41:54 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with some WAN hosts that I monitor. They tend to go
down for up to 20-30 minutes, then come back up. This is 'normal'
behaviour for SatIP connections that we have.

I would like to use the host check commands, but I get a lot of alerts
for these periods (which I would like to ignore).

Is there a way to tweak the host check command like you can for
services?

I have modified the host check command to the appropriate warning and
critical threshholds, but the periodicity of the checks is giving me
problems.

Torleiv Ringer
Broadcast Systems Administrator
Minnesota Public Radio