SV: Monitoring Threads on WIN2K3 platforms

Bergström Sebastian Sebastian.Bergstroem at kunskapsskolan.se
Mon May 9 19:30:45 CEST 2005

We don't have W23 yet, only W2K. The check command below are used on Windows 2000 servers running NSClient*. Hopefully this will work on W2K3 as well. It's worth a try. Please get back to me, if it works for you or not. We're planning to upgrade this summer.

define command{
       command_name    check_nt_threads
       command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -s $USER3$ -v COUNTER -l "\\Process(_Total)\\Thread Count","Thread Count: %.f" -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$

*Recent tests (by myself) suggests that NC_Net has many advantages over NSClient and should be used in its place. At least on machines that doesn't have any Nagios agent running. NC_Net can be used as a drop in replacement for NSClient which makes it even more tempting.

Best regards,
Sebastian Bergstroem