checking unix load/disk space

carole gimenez gimenez at cict.fr
Mon May 9 10:06:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

I use NRPE addon to do that.

The NRPE daemon is installed on the remote host and the plugin
check_nrpe must be present on the nagios server.

Then, you must define the command to use in the nrpe.cfg file present on
the remote host.

For example,

command[check_load]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
command[check_disk]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -e -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -X $ARG3$ -X $ARG4$ -X $ARG5$ -X $ARG6$ -X $ARG7$ -X $ARG8$
command[check_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$
command[check_swap]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_swap -a -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$

After that, you can call check_nrpe in command line from nagios server
as this:

check_nrep -H <host> -C check_load -a 5,5,5 7,7,7
check_nrpe -H <host> -C check_disk -a 10% 5% lofs nfs autofs iso9660 udf
hsfs

I hope that will help you.

Carole.