Past due checks in PENDING

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat May 7 02:59:43 CEST 2005

On May 6, 2005, at 8:47 PM, C. Bensend wrote:

>> Hmm, don't really know how to use them effectively.  Perchance it has
>> anything to do with this being a sparc SS5?
>
> It's just a matter of a 'ktrace -p <PID of Nagios daemon>', and then
> a little while later, 'kdump'.  Use 'ktrace -C' as root to disable
> all ktracing - be careful, it logs a LOT of data.
>
> I'm just curious to see if there's anything obvious in the kdump
> log that'd tell you what it's waiting on.

I didn't see anything, but I might have resolved it.  Part of it was
the occasional broken agent, the other was my not having used Nagios in
a while... I was mistakenly thinking that duration was the last time
the service had been checked, not the duration of the current state.
Duh.  :)

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon