Past due checks in PENDING

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat May 7 01:23:25 CEST 2005

I've just installed Nagios 2.0b3 on an OpenBSD server.  The
installation and configuration went fine.  There are approximately 40
service checks across 14 hosts.  Looking at Service Detail,
approximately half of them are in PENDING mode with dates that are past
due.  All of these services have at least one host that has already
been checked and is either listed as OK or CRITICAL, and *all* of the
checks have a duration over 1.5 hours.  This is particularly
concerning, as all of the service checks have an interval between 5 and
60 minutes.

The output of "ps ax | grep nagios" shows 3 nagios processes.  The last
entry in nagios.log is an NTP check which happened 1.5 hours ago.  I've
tried restarting nagios multiple times, and the same behavior occurs
after each restart.

Any ideas?

--
Jason Dixon