Trouble monitoring service

Timothy Washburn tim.washburn at replacements.com
Fri May 6 16:00:58 CEST 2005

I am trying to monitor a Symantec service on a Windows 2000 server using
Nagios 1.2 on Fedora.  I am able to run the check_nt_service command
from a command line but when I plug everything into Nagios I get a
check_nt: Unknown argument: (null) message.  Below you will find my
entries into the configuration files for these checks.  Thank you for
any help that you can give.

# Service definition

define service{

            use
generic-service               ; Name of service template to use

            host_name                                RL2KNAV2

            service_description                     Symantec Service
Check

            is_volatile                     0

            check_period                             24x7

            max_check_attempts                 3

            normal_check_interval                3

            retry_check_interval                   1

            contact_groups                          windows-admins

            notification_interval                     120

            notification_period                      24x7

            notification_options                    w,u,c,r

            check_command
check_nt_service!SMSSMTP

            }

'Service' command definition

define command{

            command_name check_nt_service

            command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v
SERVICESTATE -p 1248 -l