Plugins - check_icmp on Solaris

Brian Huffman bhuffman at incyte.com
Thu May 5 15:54:26 CEST 2005

Has anyone found a solution for the compile problem for the
nagios-plugins-1.4 check_icmp plugin for Solaris?  I still get these
problems:

make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/bhuffman/nagios-plugins-1.4/plugins'
gcc  -g -O2  -L. -R/usr/local/openssl/lib -L/usr/local/openssl/lib -o
check_icmp  check_icmp.o  ../intl/libintl.a -liconv -lgen -lsocket
-I/usr/local/openssl/include
gethostbyname                       check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_ntoa                           check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_addr                           check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_icmp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And then when I add $(NETLIBS) to the Makefile, these go away and I get:

gcc  -g -O2  -L. -R/usr/local/openssl/lib -L/usr/local/openssl/lib -o
check_icmp  check_icmp.o netutils.o utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a
../lib/libcoreutils.a  -lnsl -lsocket -lresolv ../intl/libintl.a -liconv
-lgen -lsocket  -I/usr/local/openssl/include
timeout_interval                    utils.o
print_usage                         utils.o
progname                            utils.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_icmp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [check_icmp] Error 1

Thanks!
Brian