checking unix load/disk space

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 4 18:52:56 CEST 2005

Only if the plugin is network aware and understands -h parameters ;) In
this case, it won't work as check_disk is a local check only and not
network aware.

> make sure which client software should i be running on my remote host?
i.e
> on windows i installed the PNSClient when i was using netsaint this
seems
> be working fine when switching to nagios....do i have to do something
> different for unix machines?

Yes, you do. The host-resource plugins are not network aware. You can
always see if a plugin is network aware by running it with '--help'. In
this case, check_disk must be run on the host you intend to check. There
are a number of ways to do that but the most common are NRPE or
check-by-ssh.

--
Marc