checking unix load/disk space

bru1n at comcast.net bru1n at comcast.net
Wed May 4 17:51:23 CEST 2005

I use check_by_ssh because its pretty simple, as an active service check.

For the exact syntax, see:
check_by_ssh -h
check_disk -h
check_load -h

You will need to setup passwordless ssh, and compile the plugins on the remote target, after that its very straight forward to configure checkcommands.cfg, and services.cfg.

The basics of the commands you will want to run are like this:
check_by_ssh -H <host> -C "check_disk -w <warn%> -c <crit%> -p <mount>"
check_by_ssh -H <host> -C "check_load -w <warn1,warn5, warn15> -c <crit1, crit5, crit15>

-Marc